Steps To Turn Laptop’s Hotspot On
Using Command Prompt To Turn On Laptop WiFi
This Method is simply creating WiFi hotspot with your Laptop without making use of any external application at all. I will guide you step by step on how to do this just follow the instructions carefully.
Steps In Turning Your Laptop Into A WiFi Hotspot Using Command Prompt
First lets cross check somethings; You need to :
- Have a working network card
- Be able to turn your WiFi (Normal Laptop WiFi) on and off easily and
- Make sure that all the keys in your keyboard is functioning fine although you won’t use all of them and If all are fine then proceed;
> Opening the command prompt in administrator mode.
- Go to the start menu and type or search for command prompt (cmd).
- Right click on it and select open as administrator, click yes and enter user password if necessary.
Setting up the WiFi hotspot for the first time.
Once the command prompt in administrator mode is opened type in the following;
- netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=”allow” and hit enter.
- netsh wlan set hostednetwork ssid=”the name you want” and hit enter
- netsh wlan set hostednetwork key=”the password or pass code you choose” and hit enter.
Follow the procedures above to do this and type exactly what you see; Click Image below to view; Note: This set up is not required every time you want to use your laptop’s hotspot.
> Turning the Laptop’s WiFi hotspot on.
Now that we have set up your computer’s hOtspot, let’s turn it on but do take note that if you are connected to a WiFi network and turn the hotspot on, it won’t affect the WiFi and the best part is that you can actually connect to a WiFi and use your laptop to share it which I will explain to you on my next post.
- Type “netsh wlan start hostednetwork” to turn the hotspot we set up on and remember that the hostednetwork is together. I didn’t mention it earlier so I am mentioning it now.
>How To Stop or Turn Of the Hotspot
That was a great discovery now let’s turn it off for the day. To do this just; Type “netsh wlan stop hostednetwork” and hit enter. and if you want to know you did it right take a look at your phone to know if your phone detects it.
To turn your hotspot on , change the password or ssid or turn it off again do check Steps 3, 2, 4 respectively.