How to Get Soft Hands With Three Easy Homemade Remedies
I love discovering and sharing DIY beauty tips, especially all-natural solutions that you can easily make at home.Get soft, youthful and beautiful hands that everyone wants to touch, at home with simple home remedies. Lots of tips, too!
Home Cures for Rough Hands
The skin on our hands takes the brunt of every chore—from taking care of the kids to washing dishes to weeding the garden. To make things worse, these tasks mean that you have to wash your hands frequently. All of this daily wear inevitably leads to your hands looking as though they belong to someone older than you really are.
The soaps and other cleaning products we use today can cause your hands to look discoloured, wrinkly, and rough. Luckily, there’s no need to worry. Use these three extremely easy home remedies to get back the soft hands you once had!
1. One-Minute-to-Soft-Palms Scrub
Is it possible to soften your hands in less than a minute? Oh, yes it is! After a long day of work, why not give your hands instant pampering and refreshment? This wonderfully simple scrub will leave your hands feeling ten times smoother in just a minute.
1 tablespoon olive oil1 tablespoon sugar
• Simply put the sugar in the palm of one hand and slowly pour the olive oil into it. Using your other palm start rubbing the scrub into your palms and hands.
• Massage your fingers and hands with gentle squeezing and circular motions for about 30 seconds.
• Then relax your palms and let the scrub sink in for another 30 seconds.
• Now you’re done! Simply wash out your hands with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel. So smooth, you can’t stop touching your hands, can you?
• Glove love: Detergents and dishwashing liquids contain harsh chemicals that can damage the thin skin on your hands, making them look dry, discoloured, and old. Make sure you use gloves while cleaning whenever possible!
• Oh, my glove!: When working out in the gym, especially with dumbbells and other weights, it helps to wear workout gloves to protect your palms from getting hard and callused over time.
• Good night, sweet palms!: During the night, we actually have six to eight hours of great opportunity to show some extra love to our hands. Invest in gentle hand cream, and apply it before going to bed! Your hands will thank you in the morning.
2. Overnight Treatment: Vaseline and Socks
Want to give your hands some extra special love? Why not try an overnight intense softening treatment using only two items:
VaselineA pair of socks.
Vaseline is known for its ability to lock in moisture and soften even the most callous palms. Many women mention Vaseline as their number one beauty secret.
After finishing all your activities for the day, wrap up by washing your hands with gentle soap and drying them off. Then get a dollop of Vaseline and rub it into your hands. Go ahead and take an extra 30 seconds to massage your hands gently. Then simply slip the socks over your hands and go to bed. Wake up the next day to supple, soft hands.
Instead of using socks, you could use fabric gloves, but a clean pair of old socks you don’t use anymore work just fine—and don’t require a trip to the store.
• From the inside out: Ever heard of the saying, “You are what you eat”? It’s true that what you eat will show in your skin. Eat foods for glowing skin like avocados and nuts, and the vitamins and nutrients will give your skin a natural glow.
• Drink up: Not drinking enough water can cause your skin to get dry, rough, and patchy. Our bodies are made up of 70 percent water so if you’re not hydrated, it will show up on your skin. If you drink water only after your lips crack, you’re already dehydrated.
• Massage: When applying these natural DIY soft palm scrubs, you can also massage your hands together in a gentle relaxing manner. Gently massage your fingers, palms, and top of your hands. This will help the ingredients sink in and improve blood circulation.
3. Citrus Power: Lighten and Soften your Hands.
Are your hands dark, discoloured, and aged-looking? Use citrus to lighten them while softening your palms.
2 teaspoons lemon juice2 teaspoons honey2 teaspoons baking soda.
Wash your hands with warm water and mild soap.In a small container, mix together all the ingredients evenly.Now apply this mixture onto your hands, rubbing it through and massaging your hands for a minute. Allow the mixture to sit on your hands for five to 10 minutes.Finally, wash your hands in warm water. Do not use soap directly afterwards. Repeat this process at least twice a week to remove discolouration and promote soft healthy-looking hands.
• Slather on the sunscreen!:You’d be surprised how many people apply sunscreen on their faces but fail to adequately protect the skin on their hands. Before you head out, generously apply sunscreen to your hands. And yes, you need to reapply when you wash your hands!
• Too hot for your own good: Beauty experts will tell you how bad hot water is for your skin. Hot water causes the pores on the skin to open wide, and exposing it to such conditions may damage your skin. Washing frequently in hot water can dry out the skin and create wrinkles.
• Brrr! Not so cold!:On the other end of the scale, extremely cold water isn’t good for your skin either. It can break the tiny capillaries under your skin, making it look discoloured, pale, or unhealthy. It also dries out the skin, and failure to moisturize can cause premature aging.