How Smoking Affects Teenagers And How We Can Get Rid Of It
Smoking is a hard habit to break because tobacco contains the very addictive chemical nicotine. As with heroin or other addictive drugs, the body and mind quickly get used to the nicotine in cigarettes. Soon, a person needs to have it just to feel normal.
EFFECT OF SMOKING
We all know the effect of smoking, one only needs to read the side of a cigarette pack.smoking causes diseases and is a slow way to die.The strain put on your body by smoking often causes years of suffering.
In Nigeria you find health warning that read,” cigarette smokers are liable to die Young” or ” The federal ministry of health warns that cigarette smoking is dangerous to health. Cigarette smoking is a serious health problem to smokers and to those exposed to it, it harms nearly every organ of the body, causes many diseases, and reduces the health of smokers. Smoking can lead to a different complication in the body and can also increase your risk of a variety of problems over several years.
SOME OF THE EFFECT OF SMOKING
1. Fertility issues: Smoking do affect ability to conceive by reducing fertility in women and can contribute to other problems during pregnancy.
2. Gum disease: smoking causes agum infection that destroys the bone that supports the teeth which is the major cause of tooth loss in adults.
3. Lung disease: Smoking can cause lung disease by damaging your airways and the small air sacs found in your lungs.
HOW TO QUIT SMOKING
We all know the health risks of smoking but that doesn’t make it any easier to kick the habit of smoking. Anyone who is addicted to smoking, quitting can be really tough. But for a smoker to quit smoking he/she must have made up his/her mind to stop smoking.
These are some of the ways a smoker can quit:
1. By letting your friends and family know about your plan of quitting smoking and also tell them that you need their support and encouragement.
2. By staying away from things that Will Make you to feel like smoking ( i.e Cigarette, lighter,matches etc).
3. By identifying the things that makes you want to smoke, including specific situations, activities, feelings and people is also one of the best ways of quitting smoking.
4. By avoiding some friends, family and co_workers who smokes around you.
5. By trying to distract yourself and do activities that doesn’t matter as long as it gets your mind off smoking.
6. Try to focus on your reasons for quitting smoking like health benefits (lowering your risk for heart disease and lungs cancer).
7. Finally Reinforce your Victories whenever you triumph over a craving, give yourself a reward to keep yourself motivated.