5 Reasons you Should Never Sleep With Light On
So today, we are talking about the reason why we should never sleep with the light on.
Do you know that light is one of the most important external factors that can affect sleep. Exposure to light during sleep makes it difficult for your brain to achieve deeper sleep. It does so both directly, by just making it difficult for people to fall asleep ,and indirectly, by influencing the timing of our internal clock and thereby affecting our preferred time to sleep.
Too much light, before bedtime may prevent you from getting a sweet good night’s sleep. A key factor in regulating sleep and your biological clocks is exposure to light or the darkness so falling asleep with the lights on may not be the best thing for a goodnight’s sleep.
In fact, a study recently found that exposure to unnatural light cycles may have real consequences for our health including increased risk for depression . Regulating exposure to light is a effective way to keep circadian in check.
So here are the five reasons why you shouldn’t sleep with the light on:
1) it may lead to hormonal imbalance: at night, an edocrine gland in your brain- produces a hormone called melatonin. Melatonin is important because it regulates as well as synchronize your body’s ciradian rhythm, which is more commonly known as your normal sleep-wake cycle . This hormone is also responsible for other vital bodily functions such as blood pressure regulation.
According to the research,sleeping with the light on disrupt the body’s melatonin production.
2) it increase blood pressure: since melatonin also regulates your blood pressure, the decrease in melatonin caused by unnecessary exposure to light during sleep time can raise your blood pressure.
According to the researcher, international chronobiology determined that people who were exposed to light at night had significantly higher blood pressure than people who slept in the dark.
3) it lead to depression: To define the word Depression, Depression is a mood disorder that causes persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. when you have isomnia, you don’t feel well emotionally , so you end up with depression. In turn, this depression make it harder for you to fall asleep.
4) it causes insomnia: overtime , the issues that arise from exposure to light at night can snowball into sleep disorders such as isomnia.
This is how it happen , when your body has low melatonin , your sleep quality suffers. You don’t feel well rested because you will find yourself restless at the middle of the night. The lack of rest causes you to get migraines immediately you wake up with morning.Before you know, it will develop into insomnia.
5) it triggers migraines: Do you like using phone or laptop before sleeping or watching TV in bed? It really wrong , please stop it Immediately because electronics such as laptop , tablet , television and smart phones emit blue light that can trigger migraines.
Another thing that can make the migraines worse is lack of sleep and may cause a bad headache.
Health is wealth